OSP Virtual Seminar Category 1, Core Lecture and AGM
OSP Virtual Seminar
Category 1, Core Lecture and AGM
May 22, 2020 – 1:00 PM EDT
Non-OSP Members – $50
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Annual General Meeting
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM – Category 1, Core Lecture
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM – Session Ends – Self-assessment test and wrap up
Annual General Meeting
Join Dr. Herman Thang, OSP President, and the OSP Executive for the OSP Annual General Meeting (AGM). Learn about your Society and the activities that your Executive Board Committee has been working on. Dr. Marvin Budd will provide his Fee Guide Committee Update, and we will approve the slate for your 2020 – 2021 Executive Board. The AGM will precede the Core 1 Lecture.
Category 1, Core Lecture
Topic: How to Incorporate the New Classification of Periodontal Diseases into Your Practice: A Simplified and Practical Approach
Presented by Jim Yuan Lai BSC, DMD, MSC, MED, EDD, FRCD
- Describe and differentiate different types of periodontal and peri-implant diseases.
- Interpret clinical findings to diagnose periodontal diseases.
- Explain the staging and grading of periodontitis.
- Implement the classification into clinical practice in a simple and practical manner.
Dr. Jim Yuan Lai is Vice-Dean of Education at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry. He was the graduate director of periodontology from 2005 to 2019. He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania and his Master of Science with Advance Dental Specialty Training in Periodontology from the University of Toronto. He also obtained his Master of Education (University of Toronto) and his Doctor of Education (University of Pennsylvania). He is Assistant Editor for Implant Dentistry journal. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, International College of Dentists, American College of Dentists and the Pierre Fauchard Academy. He is also Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Core 1 Lecture Requirements:
- Registration is required to be eligible.
- This course qualifies as a Category 1 Core Course as designated by the RCDSO. CDE Credits: 3.
- You are required to attend the full session, if you arrive more than 15 minutes late, or leave the session early, you will not receive the Category 1 credit.
- You are required to complete a mandatory exam – You will receive a link following the lecture with instructions on how to complete and submit your exam upon completion (due by 5:30 PM on May 1, 2020).
- If your mandatory exam is not completed and submitted by 5:30 PM on May 1, 2020, you will not be issued a Core 1 certificate.
- Your attendance during the lecture will be monitored to ensure that you have participated in accordance with the requirements mentioned above.